So my last entry was just before I left the US. Can you believe I have been there for 11 years? I couldn't. But its true. What an adventure that was. No regrets.
On 12/26, my last weekend there, Michael (my ex and best friend) paid me and Sable a visit. What an unusual weekend that was, but it was memorable nonetheless. Why? Because it was the last time I was likely to see him for quite awhile, or hear his voice. It was good to recount the past years, and what awaits us in the future. On 12/29, Michael left to return to Atlanta. And sadly, Sable followed him. We had her in an air travel hard carrier ... but due to a communication error, Michael's scheduled flight couldn't accommodate her carrier (the seats were lowered because of new equipment, and we refused to put her in the cargo bay). So Michael took the last flight out that evening, where the carrier fitted, and delivered Sable safely to Aaron. She is doing quite all right, despite sharing her new home with Nibbler, Aaron's cat.
My turn came on 12/30/08. I had settled everything. Cleaned out my apartment. Settled my accounts and other outstanding matters. Said my goodbyes in person to all my friends. Scott, one my truly most beloved friends back in Vegas, and the last one to see me, dropped me off at McCarran for my flight home. LAS to LAX to TPE to KUL. It was time to say goodbye to the City of Sin, my home for the last two years. I also said my goodbyes via my mobile to the few friends I couldn't say goodbye to in person. Mary T. Michael S. And a few selected buddies of mine. The flights went by okay. Mininal fuss. Long and tiring. I don't know how people do it constantly. Of course, I got placed in a seat next to the babies. Thankfully they weren't too crazy, but the children were. Impatient little brats who couldn't sit still, and the parents don't care. They got in the way of the flight attendants while they were serving food! What kind of parents are those?! Ugh. Regardless, I made it back through all the checkpoints from LAS to KUL. Baggage made it intact and safely, and no customs officials rummaging through my stuff. But ... it wasn't cool to pay U$D 2.00 for an hour of wifi at LAX. That was my last US charge though. LOL.
My family was waiting for me at KLIA. Seeing them made me realize one thing: They're been waiting for me for a long time. I love them. Always and forever. My adventures in the city that is once again my home now begins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment