
Well, now that it's Friday night, I finally have some time to blog my happenings.
Tuesday night Scott and I had dinner at Sumo in Henderson. It was so good. A tad bit pricy, but with sushi, you usually get what you pay for. After that, we walked it off at Mandalay Bay. We also took a gander into Four Seasons and THEhotel. Three completely different properties, interconnected by small corridors. Each one is completely different in decor, atmosphere and luxury levels.
Supposedly, while we were at THEhotel, I got cruised by a very attractive daddy in a white suit. Ya know ... hot athletic body, handsome face, and very svelte. Not that I noticed it, as I am oblivious as always. Still, it was funny. I do wonder what kind of looks Scott and Daddy exchanged.
My Group Creative Director (GCD) was release rather abruptly last week on Thursday. An e-mail out of nowhere from HR, not stating a reason. We all knew what that meant. Sure enough, his office was empty. Oh well, he wasn't liked too much. He had a New Yorker attitude–the bad kind. He didn't like strong willed people, and avoided working with them if possible. He was also quite vocal in his complaints, yet didn't do much when he was approached with problems. He was constantly late on his deliveries, and the client did say that he cared more about his personal portfolio and ego than them. Not good. Not good at all. Karma can be nasty.
But on Tuesday, it was made known that my team would be intergrated into another team, with another GCD. This got me real excited. This director is awesome, and has produced some fantastic projects for his clients. So we're all excited. Today, we moved to be closer to the team. So yeah, there's some team restructuring with all the silos. Fun times.
On the other hand, my workload has been insane! I stayed until 7:00pm on Wednesday. While I was there, I got my quarterly review from the Executive Creative Director. 3.65/5. Not too bad. He also graciously gave me a ride home so I wouldn't have to walk and bus my way home. Thursday was worse. I had to stay until 9:00pm. Las minute job changes, beyond-extended dropdead publication deadlines, and unresponsive and irresponsible clients drove us nuts! We were waiting for an approval response to release the ad, but they couldn't release it because the head honcho that gave us the changes is at a dinner meeting, and they had no knowledge of his changes. So we twiddled out thumbs while going insane. It was a good thing I was there, as we decided to prep the files anyways, and encountered some font problems (that wasn't my fault). At 8:15pm we get a cal from Head Honcho himself ... that he will be back in the office at 8:45pm to review the ad. That drove us beyond insane! Thankfully, he approved them at 8:50pm and we were out at 9:05pm. And you can bet your bottom dollars that all that time was recorded and billed! Scott came to get me and we went to Dennys for some fast food. Friday ... in addition to the already busy workload, we get thrown another recurrering project. And now everything is pretty much due on Monday.
I can't wait for Dragon•Con. One week. One week. One week. And I will be in Atlanta amongst the geeks, freaks and all things scifi-fantasy. YES!!!

1 comment:
Good to hear that...ohh, hot body :-p
Dragon•con??? I wanna go~ :-(
Cheers~
Post a Comment