
My glasses have definitely seen better days. Better years, actually. I've had to coat the arms with a clear nail acrylic coat because it's corroded so much that it is cutting into my face. The opticians at the Wal-Mart Vision Centers always let me know they will not be responsible if they accidentally break the frame while it is being rebalanced/realigned. The lenses themselves are still holding up, if you dismiss the scratches. I've had to glue one of the screws back in, as it loves popping out.
It wants to retire. Bad. And I decided to do just that. I'm getting a new pair glasses.
Mike and I went to Eyes on Las Vegas. Apparently, lots of my fellow coworkers gets their eyewear needs here too. Let's just say I am thankful they are close to work and accepted VSP, because that saved me $425. It's definitely a small boutique, sporting top-notch brands. I did the eye exams, tried on a few frames, picked one, and then we discussed the lenses and its many options, and of course, pricing and savings.
So yes, I'll be getting a new pair of glasses soon. I'd put a picture of the frames up, but what's the point? I'll let you keep on guessing. In the meantime, I'm off to put more nail polish on my existing oldies. They need to last for another 2 weeks or so.
PS. I discovered that my eyes are perfectly symmetrical. Freaky!

No comments:
Post a Comment