Two weeks can fly by SO fast! Work has kept me busy, and before I knew it, Michael was here. It was definitely great to see him again, and definitely a great escape from his retail hell-hole of a job.
He arrived on Tuesday night aka Wednesday morning. We got his luggage, and then proceeded to get the rental car. Well...apparently, in an effort to expand the McCarran Baggage Claim area, all rental car companies have moved to a separate building a few blocks away. We took the shuttle there, got the car: A Ford Fusion ($590 ... ouch!) and off we went to get food for Mike. Scott met up with us at the Orleans for a bit.
I worked Wednesday and Thursday. I ate lunch with Michael on both days: Red Robin and Arbys. Even then, work wouldn't let me go. I finally managed to get away at 8pm on Thursday evening.
And from there until Michael left, we did the whole tourist thing. I drove the whole week, and we visited many spots: The Orleans, Mandalay Bay, THEhotel, Four Seasons, Luxor, Excalibur, MGM Grand, New York New York, Planet Hollywood, Miracle Mile Shops, Paris, The Venetian, Caeser's Palace, The Forum Shops, The Bellagio, Fashion Show Mall, Wynn, The Palms, Mirage, Treasure Island, and Red Rock Casino. We also saw the Singing Fountains outside the Bellagio, the Volcanoes of Mirage, and the Sirens of TI. We also took an outdoor excursion to Red Rock Canyon. Food was mostly off The LV Strip: Pho Kim Long, Red Robin, Kung Fu, Food Express, Tea Planet, Claim Jumpers, Pin Kaow, Egg Works, Sumo Sushi and Sunville Bakery. We only ate once on tourist property, and that was probably the most unsatisfying meal for Mike's whole trip. The desserts and gelato were good though. Scott was kind enough to tag along with us a couple times.
Mystère was great. I managed to score PRIME seats. Section 103, Row G, Seats 9 and 10. In other words, smack dab center. Good show. Lots more male skin than I thought it would have. Wow. Also, we saw Resident Evil: Extinction. Mike just HAD to see it since he was in Las Vegas. The movie did redeem itself though, and made up for the horrible second movie.
In total, Michael took 661 photos. Imagine going through all that. Michael did quite a bit of shopping too. Surprise. Necklace, shoes, and watch. He also shopped souvenirs. He had a few drinks, but did not gamble. Our attempts at nightlife did not turn out as planned. Oh well. Next trip perhaps. Ditto for the spots we did not get to visit.
He was definitely sad to leave. I don't blame him. But reality is reality. Regardless, he's now back in Atlanta, and apparently Spirit Air isn't that bad an airline. Just buy your needs before you take off, but after the check-in security points. And it was good to see him again, and to see him have an actual vacation. He really deserved it, as he has not had a REAL vacation in almost 6 years.
Oh. The car ended being $510. Still expensive! I swear...the liability coverage is more expensive than the car rental itself.
I was just a wreck at work. And now I am cleaning and doing laundry. Blah.
I'm too lazy to post more links. Google away.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Make sure you bring me around too~ I wanna shop too :-p
next time for sure. but you were right that I was sad to go. Thanks for making my first real vacation a great one. I can't what for the next one. :-)
Post a Comment