Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The family reunion.

I don't know how to describe it. And I won't, because I can't. And this isn't the place to do it. It was so good to see them again after all these years. I truly missed them. I have changed alot in these years, and so have they. I am not sure if its for the better though. While there were many happy moments to be had, there were also alot of tragic events that happened. Very tragic, and highly depressing. When I left to return to the US, I cried. Alot. I can't be there for them. But then again, I am not sure what I could have done. My sis and mum told me to not come back, for my own sake. I hope my family makes it through these hard times. I hope I still have a family to come home to. But...no matter what, I will always love each and every one of them. Chinese music now reminds me of home...the good, bad and ugly. And scarily enough, it makes me get into a cuddly mood. Eww. And since I don't have someone to do that with, Sable gets lots of lovin'. Yes, she hates me.

Incidentally, I finally managed to get a jade pendant while I was home. I was bugging my mum for get one for me for quite awhile, but she wanted me to be there where she got it for me. That is exactly what we did. I think it's beautiful. A little overpriced, but that's the quirky thing about jade: its valueless. If you value it, you'll pay handsomely for it. If you don't, you wouldn't even spend $1 on it. Oh yes, and it's the real deal, as there's alot of 'fake' jade being sold in HongKong, China and Taiwan at ridiculous prices. It's now a valuable piece to me, and I never take it off, except to clean it. It embodies my ties to my heritage, family and home.

No comments: