Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cable on the weekend, and a last ditch effort

Last Thursday, I actually managed to hang out with Christine. It was so good to see her again in Las Vegas. She hasn't changed any, except for the fact that she was (temporarily) driving her mum's car. Because mum needed her car that evening, we went to her house, where I met her mum. After a little bit, Carlos came to pick us up in his new Hyundai. Apparently he remembers me thru Sandra, although I had no recollection of such a meeting. Regardless, he was a very nice guy, and all of us eventually had dinner at Soiree's. We sat at the bar, and our server/bartender was flirting with Christine the whole time we were there. After that, we went to the nearby Starbucks and relaxed a little. After about 30 minutes, we decided to call it a night. Carlos dropped Christine off, then dropped me at my nearby Walgreens. Overall, it was a good evening spent with two great people, and a much needed break from my apartment. I also received my latest issue of Domino, so that was a bonus.

After getting in from the evening out, I noticed that I got a email from Kim at HR saying that she was going to talk to her attorney the next day regarding the progress of my case. She said she would get in touch with me after that. As a friendly reminder, I sent her and Lan an email thanking them and reminding them of the 12/20 deadline.

On Saturday morning, I managed to catch Joe from NJ online, and we chatted for a bit. It was really good to see him again, as he's been away for a few weeks now. Come nightfall, Scott and I went to Tea Planet as usual. It wasn't too packed, and there was a new server there. We stayed about 2 hours until a big group of youngsters came in, making alot of noise, chatter and laughter. That was our que to call it an early evening.

On Sunday afternoon, I went over to Scott's place to spend some time with him and catch up on some shows. I watched the latest episode of Project Runway, followed by the first episode of Tin Man. I'm really liking it so far, although I remain convinced that Sci-Fi messed up the audio. I could barely hear the vocals, but the background tunes and sound effects were blaringly loud. Scott served up homemade lasagna with garlic bread and salad. It was really good, but really filling. After that, Scott and I stayed on to watch some HGTV. We decided to head to It's A Grind, but it was a full house and it was windy and cold outside. So instead we opted for a 24-Hours Starbucks. The evening was cut short when Stanley needed help from Scott. We stayed a little longer and called it a night. One thing is for sure. I shouldn't have ordered my usual drink. It was so good, but I was so wired that I didn't sleep until 8am on Monday.

I finally get a call from Kim that afternoon. There has been no response from my attorney to her or her attorney. I wasn't pleased, but I wasn't surprised either. Following Kim's instructions, I drafted an email to my attorney. In it, I (me being a paying client, and her being my legal representative) insist that she respond. It was a firm but professional email. Kim approved it and I sent it to off. I will try and call her again tomorrow, though I am wondering if she is screening her calls and refusing to answer.

If my attorney does not respond by Thursday, then we will transfer over the case to Kim's attorney. As long as the INS receive a response by 12/20, I will be fine. However, Kim did forewarn me that there might be a chance that i will have to go home to Malaysia to my H1B visa. She couldn't tell me a timeframe, because she doesn't have an answer to that. But she did ask me to not be hasty and make bookings or cancel stuff yet. Kim did make sure that she invited me to the Pre-Soiree Office Christmas Party, and made sure I was going to be there for the actual Christmas Soiree itself. I thought that it was very sweet of her to make sure I didn't feel left out or isolated, and to still be a part of the office family. I'm sure the party is going to be quite festive.

Tuesday comes soon enough. Sleep is going to be difficult. The body is tired, the mind can't slow down.

No comments: