So far, I've been enjoying the Witchblade anime series. It's a great series that throws in a great deal of character and story/plot development, in addition the over-the-top but always funny fanservice. And of course, the Witchblade itself, and how it affects everyone. One dvd left to go. Having said that ... Today I received a brand spankin' new toy from Japan, and I am totally thrilled! Well, a poser toy, to be exact. Sculpted by Busuji Max, Kotobukiya's 1/6 Prepainted Witchblade (PowerUp Version) is quite a spectacle. Having long been discontinued as the series aired in 2006 in Japan, I was wondering about when I happily found it in-stock at a place that previously had it as 'Discontinued' (because it was). Luckily I snagged it while it was available because 2 days later, it became 'Discontinued ' again. Their supplier must've discovered a misplaced pallet of them, or something like that. Regardless, I am stoked at having this figure. Now, I have to track down Kotobukiya's 1/6 Prepainted Witchblade, so that I can have a complementary set. While there are other figures from the Witchblade series out there, I feel that Kotobukiya's set is the best of the bunch.
PS. The shipment arrived in less than a week, and all the corners of the box was intact and not crunched-in. That's what you get when you pay more for EMS shipping: better handling, shorter shipment time, and a tracking number. When you're collecting things like this, believe me, it is well worth it.

1 comment:
Geeeeeeeek!!
Post a Comment