Friday, April 25, 2008

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ...

I've done plenty of logos, both at school and at work. It's always a fresh, inspiring challenge that makes you think. What works? What's just lame and overdone? Type-only? Icons? Colors? I've seen some excellent logos, and some that just baffle me. Every designer's take is different. Well, apparently one agency forgot to thoroughly proof their work. Check it out. Personally, I think the logo (in its intended horizontal orientation) is really sleek. It's simple, clean, contemporary-modern, bold, industrial, geometric, classic, excellent letter-forms, and very versatile. Maybe a little too versatile, in this case. Clearly, someone's mind was in the gutter when they decided to flip (or is it fap?) the logo at 90° clockwise, and thus taking it out of context. It's amusing, but ultimately passé. In the end, the excellent design of the logo is what is left. And its quite a feat to be able to make a logo that can be seen in more than one way. Besides, what better way than spend some funds to offer your people a good, hearty laugh? Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mine is bigger :-)