I was supposed to hang out with (a different) Scott Friday evening. But it didn't happen because he received some tragic news about a close friend of the family. I gave him all the space he needed. But on Saturday, we got together and drove up to Mt. Charleston for a bit. Mind you, I'm not much of a nature fan, but I enjoyed the visit. Despite only being 30 minutes northwest of Las Vegas, once you get there, you don't even see Las Vegas. The mountaintop views were breathtakingly gorgeous. The roads were clean. The temperature was nice. And there were a lot of hikers this 4th of July weekend, catching the sun and taking a break from the hustle-and-bustle of Vegas. Supposedly, it gets lot of snow and ice during the winter times, so its usually closed unless you have chains for tires. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant there, and then we came back into Chinatown to kill some time. A trip to Walmart and Borders completed the evening. Fun times.PS. Image courtesy of Wikipedia, since I forgot to bring my camera. Silly me.

No comments:
Post a Comment