Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Tea is for White, Green and Black

I'm not a coffee drinker. I avoid soda and fruit juices, which means my liquids are mostly water. Filtered or bottled water. And the occasional sports energy drink. But lately, I have been going back into tea mode. Hardcore.

Of course, I am addicted to Tea Planet. Gotta love Boba Teas. I usually get the cold Boba Green Tea. It's got a slight bitter taste to it, which is how I usually like my teas anyways. The hot Milk Green Tea is also good. Mike loved the Rose Tea.

I've had some green tea I bought at the office from Smiths aka Kroger. It's not too bad. Since I like my tea a little thin and not like syrup, I can get about 3 cups from a single bag. Although...it tastes more like black tea than it does green tea. I've recently started getting Tazo China Green Tips. They're a little disappointing for Tazo. It toes take 3 minutes to steep the tea bag for the tea to brew. And then it's relatively tasteless. You can maybe get 1.5 cups from it, if you're lucky. I doubt the loose leaf variant will be much better. So I'll have to find some other tea.

At home, I bought a Bodum electric kettle from target. It's great. No need to use the stove,and it is super quick. Also, I got myself a box of Yamamotoyama green tea (teabags). And I have to say that it's actually quite good. When I steep it, I only need to steep it for 30 seconds, and the tea is actually green. I get 2-3 cups per teabag. And it tastes great...slighty bitter, woodsy, light and airy. I'm a happy boy.

Still, I am searching for something good for the office. Maybe I should just order some Yamamotoyama green tea in bulk. Some black and white tea would also be good.

Oh yes, and here is a link all about tea. It's history, processes, varieties...all that good stuff. And this is a sweet little site that shows you how to make tea at work. Neat gadgets!

No comments: