Well, today was the day. Scott and I went to get my new glasses, and then we ate lunch.Well, I'm starting to like them. When it came time to select a frame (way back before I actually did do it), I decided that I wanted a change. And I went ... black plastic frames. I never thought I would go back to black plastic frames...not since my horrible childhood days when I had to wear glasses, with the cheap frames. Of course I didn't have much say in what frames I got, since I wasn't paying for them. Plastic to metal-wires, and back to plastic again. Also, since glasses are an expensive necessity, I decided not to cut corners. Besides, Wal-Mart and Lenscrafters wouldn't accept VSP.
So what did I get? Well..my prescription went up a teensy bit. One step closer to being legally blind. Yay. But for the specs...Hi-Index (to keep them thin) transition lenses. In a Joseph Abboud JA142 frame that actually fits my face and doesn't try to squeeze it to death. The frames also have a spring skeletal support system, which offers some flexibility so that the frames are not so rigid. That way, they don't get damaged as easily. The transition lenses are awesome. In about 10 seconds, they've completely switched over to sunglasses mode.
Now we'll see how long they last. Haha. In the meantime, AoD is still down...*sigh~*

1 comment:
Love the new frames~
Post a Comment