Thursday, May 8, 2008

Matcha Mania!

FINALLY! I managed to track down Tazo's Green Tea Latte Concentrate. I've heard about this for quite some time, but can never find it in grocery stores or any Starbucks. Ironic, ain't it? Its a Starbucks product, and they use it as a base when they make their Green Tea Frappucinos and Lattes. And where did I find it? At a Seattle's Best Coffee (same parent, different franchise altogether) inside a Borders in Summerlin! Weird, but whatever. It's an awesome treat for those times I want a sweeter tea. Just mix it half-and-half with skim milk and you're done. Since the honeydew-melon syrup is a tad bit too sweet (I like mine a little more tea-like), I usually add in a couple spoons of matcha powder, to give it a kick. Try it for yourself and experience some Tazo green goodness!

PS. The new designs for Tazo's packaging is interesting. All that intricate Middle-Eastern details has been pared down, and the color palette has been brightened and/or neutralized. It stands out on the shelf, as it's very basic and detailed at the same time, while not being flooded with images/illustrations, save one. And that one I am not too fond off. But its better than what's usually out there. Most importantly, the product itself is good, albeit a little pricey.

No comments: