Thursday, May 1, 2008

Someday...we'll shine together.

One of my favorite anime titles, Revolutionary Girl Utena, is getting a breath of fresh life in Japan. Director Kunihiko Ikuhara, is painstakingly doing a HD remaster for all of us. The 39-episode Tv series, stage musical, theatrical movie and soundtracks are all getting rereleased in three Box Sets. Great! But what's not so great? Well, its still on DVD and thus, R2 encoded. I'd have to buy a rerelease of this rerelease when it hits Blu-Ray. No english subtitles. And one helluva hefty pricetag, as everything will cost about U$D700+!!! I'll definitely be getting the remastered Soundtrack Box Set. But the DVDs themselves? I want to...bad! Now, one would say that I could wait for it to be released in R1 land. But I absolutely hated CPM's poor handling of the title, and I have very little faith that they will do any better if they're given a chance to. Guess I had better start saving up if I want to see any of my beloved Utena in her new revival glory.

No comments: