As if Thursday's loss wasn't enough...I get to work today only to find out that we lost 3 more people last Friday. Very sad. This whole ordeal has me concerned. Very concerned. What the heck is going on?!? I have some ideas, but I'll keep them to myself, for now. In the meantime, I am grateful that I am still employed. I guess there's a silver lining to my previous ordeal after all.
On an up side, one of the ladies released this past Thursday visited the office today. Everyone was glad to see her, me included. She looked so much happier, and I know why. She was never happy at her job, always stressing out and lagging behind. When you have a job and a steady paycheck, you tend to become complacent, despite how much you may suffer and hate the job. Sometimes, being forcefully ejected from that position is just what is needed to get things back to the way it should be. A blessing in disguise, if you will. I know, because I was in her exact position at one point. Had I not been released, I would not be where I am today. Sure, it hurts in the beginning, and it is downright scary (especially when you consider my immigration needs). But then you come to the realization that you just may have not been meant to be there, doing what you did. You move on, and you seek happiness again, with a renewed outlook on life. You don't really have a choice.
I will miss her very much, and I hope she finds her happy place in life. Actually, I am very sure she will, and very soon to boot. My best wishes to everyone released from any company. May you find what you're looking for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment