I love my job. I honestly do. It allows me to be creative and productive at the same time. I'm in a fun, fast and frantic environment, surrounded by those who are similar to me. Those who love to be creative and be around creativity. There's never a dull moment. But there sure is a lot of ridiculous orders that do come through. And unfortunately, it almost always comes from the client. Yes, I realize that the client has the money that pays the bills. Yes, in the end, its their product and we're here to help them get the best they can get. That is why they hired us: for our expertise. And on that note ... good grief! Trust us and let us do our job! We're may not always on target, but creative direction of any sort is our specialty. We get your message across in an efficient, effective and cohesive manner. Successfully. You can't squeeze too much into a single project, because the end result will be disastrous! Clients often do not realize that a lot of problems can be from their own side! Think rationally and be realistic. Use proper judgement (your secretary or kids don't count!) Review it as a complete panel and make one round of changes, not 25! Give us realistic deadlines! Sheesh! What a struggle! Anywho, here's a clip of a very funny and very accurate slice-of-creative-life. Its funny, because its true. Maybe clients should watch this and see how ridiculous they can be. I love being creative, but nothing kills that buzz faster than ridiculous requests from clients.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Now isn't that just so so TRUE!!
Post a Comment