So it's been one week since I started my unpaid holiday. I have not heard anything yet (from anyone), and am keeping afloat. For now. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe it's in a transitional spot, and Kim has nothing to report to me beyond that they are in talkings with each other. Maybe Kim was just out that day.
Lots of questions have surfaced, the most common being if my attorney has apologised for this mess. I'm sorry to say that the answer is NO. Why not? In her mind, she hasn't done anything wrong. In fact, she probably considers herself generous in trying to resolve the situation by gathering (in whatever ways) the necessary evidence and not charging me for the additional time, effort and services. She also believes that she has a right to insist on her services being paid upfront, and she does indeed have that right. What happened is that she failed to communicate to me (or my agency) the urgency of the matter, should there be a delay in processing my file. While I did receive an invoice from her in February, there was no disclosure that she will not begin processing my papers until she received full payment and that the INS may require additional materials that can be difficult (if not impossible) to produce. I don't want to get any party in trouble. I thought I had it all together. Little did I know this sticky mess would show up. Blegh.
Another question is whether she has done this to other people. I don't know the answer to that. I stuck with her because she was already my existing attorney, had all my paperwork, and a stellar success rate. I do not know about her methods in getting the job done. All I know is that she is resorting to some shady ways to get evidence, and she's not budging from her position.
Hopefully this will all get resolved soon. I'm going insane. I've been trying to keep myself busy, but it's quite a challenge. A vacation is no fun if you can't do a thing. If I stay at home, I spend money. If I go out, I still spend money. I'm not a social butterfly that has a rolodex of readily available contacts that I can just call up and ask them to hang out. Not having a car helps reduce the spendings, but not the isolation.
And yes, I know I am whining at this point. I hate that, it is not doing anyone any good nor is it resolving anything, and I do apologise if you have been on the receiving end of my incessant negative ramblings. Hopefully this will clear up soon. If not for me, then for you.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment