Wednesday, November 21, 2007

And the gears start cranking...

Yesterday, Scott & Co. decided to do another reading on me. A more precise reading.

The 'Success' card came out several times. 4-6 weeks (actual H1B acquisition or restarting work, I am not sure which one). No travels. The 'Obstacle' card also came into play. More specifically, that card read 'Uncaring woman.'Geez, doesn't that somehow sound familiar? Either way, something needs to happen and I realized that I needed to set the wheels in motion. So just what did I do? Well...for one, I made my sister aware that I might need financial assistance. I don't want to borrow from my family, but if push comes to shove, I rather them have the most advanced heads-up possible. I sent an email to my attorney, asking her to contact me as well.

The next morning, I managed to get in touch with her assistant. Long story short, they're standing their ground: either my previous employer provides a signature, or I have to fly home. She also stated the reason that she doesn't want to contact my employer (or their attorney) directly is because they don't want to land me in more trouble. But guess what? I'm already in this deep, what does it matter?

I had lunch with Scott, then went to the office to talk with HR and see a few colleagues of mine to with them a Happy Thanksgiving (I skipped the Potluck, though). Kim, realizing that this is a highly time-sensitive matter, has already emailed her attorney stating asking about the next steps. The attorney was out early for Thanksgiving (understandably), so I will hear from them early next week. Lan was also very helpful in listening to me and bouncing my thoughts with a fresh but professional perspective.

And that's where it all stands right now. I am glad that things are finally starting to move forward.

No comments: