I was never one of those lucky enough to be born with a diamond-studded spoon in their precious mouths. I just had a spoon. And the fact that I am Capricorn, I've been a cheapskate all my life. I have no shame. My ex's know it. My family know it. I don't know what they make such a big fuss over it. I don't buy stuff unless its on sale. I don't have all the latest trends, and I use stuff beyond their prescribed life. Seen and be seen ... psh! I'll pass. So I am not the most glamorous or trendy guy in town, and I look like I am underpaid. But what you also don't see is me having debt, and my savings account is actually in the green! And I have my own personal indulgences. They may just not be what you'd shell out your money for. Besides, I know people that are even cheaper than me (a friend of mine believes WalMart is too expensive). And speaking of cheap, check out FrugalFag. He does his blog with a sarcastic panache that I absolutely love. It cracks me up. But amidst all the gabbing, there's some good advice to be had.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
I love being a cheapass!
I was never one of those lucky enough to be born with a diamond-studded spoon in their precious mouths. I just had a spoon. And the fact that I am Capricorn, I've been a cheapskate all my life. I have no shame. My ex's know it. My family know it. I don't know what they make such a big fuss over it. I don't buy stuff unless its on sale. I don't have all the latest trends, and I use stuff beyond their prescribed life. Seen and be seen ... psh! I'll pass. So I am not the most glamorous or trendy guy in town, and I look like I am underpaid. But what you also don't see is me having debt, and my savings account is actually in the green! And I have my own personal indulgences. They may just not be what you'd shell out your money for. Besides, I know people that are even cheaper than me (a friend of mine believes WalMart is too expensive). And speaking of cheap, check out FrugalFag. He does his blog with a sarcastic panache that I absolutely love. It cracks me up. But amidst all the gabbing, there's some good advice to be had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment