Saturday, September 6, 2008

When will this madness end ... ?

The week before the long Labor day weekend, we lost 6 people. Two of which were very dear to me. Very sad. I am not sure what was the reason behind this latest round of layoffs, and I never will. I'm not privy to such information. I am not sure we could have afforded to lose those 6 people, as they brought things to the table. But lose them we did. Regardless, it sent the office into a downward spiral, and no one was in a working mood the next day. Productivity levels were down. Everyone was concerned that they could be next. Everyone looked forward to the holiday weekend.

Well, the good news is that they're doing well, and have plans ahead of them, even in these tough times. That is all we can do: be grateful for all the wonderful opportunities that's been presented thus far, and go on to create more opportunities. That said, I am extremely grateful I am still here, doing what I love! And I am very thankful to those two ex-coworkers of mine, who have given me countless rides to/from work. They will forever have my gratitude.

The elections are coming soon. Some predict it'll get better, others predict it'll get worse. Opinions are all over the board. It's a mess right now, and its going to be interesting.

I need Valium. 15 of them.

No comments: