Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hello NV Residency!

Today I woke up way too early for a Saturday. Why? because I wanted to go and switch out my Missouri driver's license for a Nevada one. They say you're supposed to do it within 30 days of moving here. Well, I am quite late, since I moved here early January 2007, but I didn't have the necessary documents to get it done either. Well, now I do, and I had no excuse to not get it done. Plus, I was slightly over my 30 days being back in the US. Luckily, the DMV is open on Saturdays was just a 15 minute walk from my place, so it was a nice morning stroll there. Lots of people ahead of in the line before they opened. But once the opened, it was very quick. I was called up in less than 3 minutes upon getting my ticket number. An older gentlemen helped me. He got my name spelled and sequenced right, and mentioned that I have lost weight and looked younger than what my Missouri license indicated. That was really nice of him. Within 30 minutes, I was the owner of a valid, brand new Nevada driver's license. Unfortunately, it will expire in about a year, but that's expected because my H1B expires on that same day too. But, more importantly, it shows that my records are clean, I've done my part to keep current, and I can get into a lot of stuff for free now (Nevada encourages its residents to be a part of the whole experience).

On a side note, HR called me twice on Friday with some questions regarding the next steps. That was a very good thing, as it means they're aware and handling it on their end. I just have to handle my end.

No comments: