Last weekend, I managed to visit the Apple Store at Town Square,and they had 3 Macbook Airs for the people to go nuts over. Well, true to the word, it is incredibly light. Just enough of what someone on-the-go will need. Wireless capabilities abound. Certainly much faster than the ye olde faithful Powerbook that I am typing on now. And the 64GB SSD option is a fantastic (and preferred) option. SSD is definitely the future of hard drive technology. Nevertheless, while I would love to have one, it's not the right Mac for me (not yet anyways). When the time comes for me to get a new laptop, I'll probably end up getting a really nice Macbook. Still, hats off to the genuises at Apple for coming up with such a stunning machine.What I don't get is people complaining about what the Macbook Air isn't. Too small a hard drive, lack of a disk drive, too slow a processor, too little ports, too high a pricepoint, etc. Honestly, I think they need to grow up and stop being a picky whiner. You're paying for advanced reduction technology, and with that comes some setbacks. If you don't like it for whatever reason, don't buy it. It wasn't meant for you then, and Apple isn't shoving it down your throat. You can't have the Macbook Pro with the weight and form factor of the Macbook Air, with the pricepoint of a Macbook. Its just not happening! Talk about wanting your cake and wanting to eat it too!
On a sidenote, the iPhones were also fun to tinker with (as was the iPod Touch) and makes me wish I had one, but I am not sure if I am ready to make the switch to AT&T yet. Certainly can't afford the two-year contract, increase in bills, and the cost of the iPhone itself. Maybe one day I will, but until that day comes...

No comments:
Post a Comment