Monday, March 3, 2008

A leap year, and a leap up the ladder.

Work has been BUSY! I've hardly had a spare minute to be lazy, but that's a very good thing! I like keeping myself occupied. Last Friday (2/29/08), I got a pleasant surprise. My (belated) annual review was done that day, and I scored a 3.35 out of 4.00. Not bad. In addition to earning my keep and getting the next steps in my green card started, there's potential for more leadership opportunities, which I gladly welcome. Be it switching clients or progressing further with my existing clients, I'm game. I also got a 4% raise. That was very nice, as my company could have easily not given me a raise due to all that they've done for me already in regards to my H1B. So all said and done, it was a great day and a great start to the weekend.

On a side note, I got quite a nice tax return this year. While I debated spending it on something nice for myself, I think I'm just going to keep the money. Logical rationality wins, and it states that the green card and car comes above all else.

No comments: