Monday, March 3, 2008

Make Me A Supermodel. OK not exactly.

It's been coming for awhile. I wasn't really happy with where I was going throughout 2007. Maybe it was because I was just lazy and being a cheap ass, but it certainly was because I didn't know which direction to go to or how to get there. Regardless, when it came time for me to go back to Malaysia, it was the perfect opportunity to start the makeover process.

The glasses came a while ago. I'm still very pleased with them. The next thing, and probably the most noticeable, is the hair. I had it cleaned up (but still long) for my interview. As soon as that interview was done, I got that mop of hair chopped up. Literally. Taking quite a bit off and layering the heck out of it, I now sport one of those hairdos you see in anime: a punk, messy bedhead tousle of hair! I like it! So does everyone else. It's been years since my hair was this short. Granted, I now have to get it styled everyday (blowdry, MOVING RUBBER:WILD SHAKE, and hairspray) and get it trimmed every month, but that's the price you pay for style.

My closet is also getting worked on. Between Scott saying I have weird taste, Michael saying my clothes are ill-fitting, and my dad saying my clothes looks poor and cheap...FINE!!! I get the effin' hint! So in addition to slowly weeding out what no longer fits me, is beyond repair, or just plain not-hot on me, I am slowly working on acquiring new pieces to add to it. Be it a replacement or a new division, its all getting worked on. Finding good quality yet affordable pieces that still my sense of edge and style is quite a challenge. Scott is helping me where he can, but of course, he is having a difficult time too. In addition to me having a death grip on my wallet, he is used to dressing cute, little LA asian queens in cute, tight, brand-busting outfits. Naturally, this isn't me at all. So we're working on finding a middle ground. It's proving to be quite a challenge. Ted Baker shirts and Rock & Republic jeans are still out of my league. But I've scored some good deals here and there.

By sheer chance, I've lost weight. I don't see much being lost, but everyone else seems to think I am on a crash course diet. They swear I've lost at least 15lbs! And its apparently visible everywhere, especially on the face. Whatever the amount, I'm glad its gone! I'm trying to keep it off by eating healthy, and portioning my meals, since the gym is still out of my reach. Of course, that also means shopping for new jeans/clothes, and we all know how much I love to shop (NOT!).

I'm not sure where all this is heading. Nevertheless, I do look and feel better. And in the end, I think that is what matters: looking AND feeling good about myself. I'm just going about it the smart way. Or at least, I hope so.

No comments: